Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Couple of Bikes Spotted Near My Place of Employment

Every once in a while I spot a nice bike near work and do my best to get the best possible picture with my Blackberry phone.  Most of the time the pictures aren't of the best quality - usually far from it.

One day while at work, one of my coworkers asked me if I had seen the bike parked outside.  It was a 1948 Harley-Davidson Panhead owned and operated by a police officer from Colton P.D. in So. Cal.

The owner of the bike was in uniform and the bike itself is an old police bike.  It had the lights and siren that was engaged by the rear wheel in order to make it's familiar alarm.  The officer had stated that he can legally use the bike for police business and could pull a law breaker over if need be.

As the officer rode away, he engaged the siren.  It was too cool.  I wish I had captured an audio file of it in order to share it with you.  All I managed to get is the picture found below.



That air breather looking thing under the saddle bag near the rear wheel is actually the siren. Cool, right?

The other cool bike that I had spotted was parked outside the IRS building in downtown San Bernardino.  The owner was outside and joked that he was turning it over to the IRS in lieu of cash for overdue taxes.  Good thing he was joking.

This is one cool Road King.





No comments:

Post a Comment