Friday, August 12, 2011

Best laid plans...

Well, my ride plans kind of got ruined today. A friend I was supposed to ride with today thought it would be better to go on Sunday. We were going to head up to Cold Springs Tavern near Santa Barbara, but things just weren't meant to be.

So, I spent the day hanging out with my boys while the wife and daughter went out back-to-school shopping with a friend from church. We kind of all just goofed around, doing our own thing until we started watching some episodes of The IT Crowd, a British comedy series.

Once the wife returned, I remembered about a Photo Scavenger Hunt on The Chopper Underground in which I've participated before. The object is a natural rock formation. The idea is to ride out to the object chosen, take a picture of your bike in front, on, behind, in, or around the object, post it on the forum, and then select the next backdrop. I hopped on my trusty steel steed and rode a bit around the neighboring mountain regions in search of the right spot, recalling a couple from a ride not long ago.

I snapped a couple of images of my bike and here they are for your viewing pleasure.

















Be sure to check out The Chopper Underground and get in some of the action.  The next spot that I chose is an old church.  I just love old church architecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment