Monday, August 1, 2011

Run to the Springs

Soldiers for Jesus MC put on a bash at Calvary Chapel in Running Springs, Ca on Saturday and it was a great showing of people, bikes, music, and blessings.

There were many different Christian clubs in attendance, as well as some riders not affiliated with any clubs and a few outlaws.

Great entertainment was provided by a couple of bands. One of them was The Anonymous Band.  They put on a great show as usual, with the lead guitarist on the wireless airwaves rocking the crowd from a remote location in relation to the stage.  I've seen this guy cross the street at another event and rock the pedestrians on the sidewalk.  It's really a cool sight.

I took a few bucks with me, not knowing what to expect for expenses - poker run, food, raffles, etc.  With no poker run, I had a little cash to spend on my usual raffle tickets in support of the event.  I bought $10 of raffle item tickets and $10 worth of 50/50 tickets.  Sometimes, I'm a lucky man and walk away with something, but it's been a while.  This time, however, I managed to walk away with a couple of items.  First item was a pocket knife (the wife says I don't need another one and we'll re-gift it, but I always tell her that you never know when you'll need to stab someone).  The second item was the one that was worth every ticket I had.  It was a pair of hand guards used to protect your hands from the elements and small flying objects, such as bugs and rocks.  These were made by a member of the Soldiers for Jesus MC out of Bakersfield (I think) that goes by the moniker JD.

All in all, it was a cool event with a lot of cool people to socialize with and enjoy the beautiful weather that would only last throughout the day - it would rain heavily on Sunday, with thunderstorms in the area.

Check out the cool video below.  I managed to put this one together using some of the photos and videos I took at the event.  It's been a few years since I've done any editing, so be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment