Saturday, August 13, 2011

150 Mile Jaunt

Well, to give my kids a break from me for a bit after forcing them to tag along with me for the last week, I decided to go for a ride. After several stops and 150 miles, I'm back home.

The first stop was out across the 215 freeway in order to get some better pics of rock formations for The Chopper Underground's Photo Scavenger Hunt.  I thought that the first images that I took may not have been the best examples of natural rock formations.

It took about 20 - 30 minutes to reach my destination and snap a few pics.  There was some off road areas that I was tempted to take, but I was afraid of dropping my bike in the sand and having trouble picking the beast back up.  I settled for a few images with the rock formations in the distant background.  You'll see a couple below.

The second stop was in Fontana.  The local ROTC Marine group was hosting a car, motorcycle, and bicycle show.  I checked it out a bit and shot a few snapshots of some of the entries and made my way back onto the road.

The third stop was back up in the mountains - Running Springs to be exact.  A small shop was having somewhat of an art show and I stopped to check it out.  There were many types of art mediums on display, pen, photograph, painting on tile, wood cutting and carving, and others.  I perused the artwork and spoke to a few of the artists about their works.  I bought a few packages of Harry Potter Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans for the kids (truly disgusting). Bought a burger, chips, and drink from the provided barbeque and headed out.

The final stop was The Village in Big Bear.  They were having a car show and had a sold out participation of over 300 cars.  I made my way through the lots filled with rods, classics, and extreme customs, taking pictures of many of the vehicles on display.  There were even a few bikes present.

After all was said and done, it was a nice day of getting out and about, getting some fresh air, and just relaxing a bit while enjoying displays of cool vehicles.

Here's a few images to whet your appetite and perhaps use as some desktop wallpaper.


72 Ferrari GTS

I love these old Panteras


I believe this is a California Special Mustang.

Very cool Studebaker.



Even a couple of Ford GT40s were on hand.




Reminds me of my favorite Hot Wheels car I had as a kid.









No comments:

Post a Comment