Saturday, August 7, 2010

Solo Ride

Rode to Riverside to check out the big sale and just to see what was going on at Skip Fordyce Harley today. I decided to take various routes on the way back home, just feeling a little adventurous today.  I took surface streets to San Timoteo Canyon Road. I followed San Timoteo to Live Oak and headed through Oak Glen.  From Oak Glen, I road up towards Big Bear, stopping for a short walk around Jenks Lake - a nice little lake that allows float tube fishing for a mere $5.

I stopped for gas in Arrowbear and calculated my mileage.  For the second time, I managed to record 47mpg.  Not bad at all.  This bike averages somewhere around 43mpg.

It was a nice day for a ride, a little cold in the morning and warming up a bit in the afternoon.  There were many others that also felt that it was a good day to ride.  I didn't make too many stops, but I did enjoy the views.

I may go on a Get Acquainted Ride (G.A.R.) with the local H.O.G. chapter.  We'll see if I can steal away tomorrow and play hooky from church.

No comments:

Post a Comment