Saturday, August 14, 2010

Bikers For Christ 20th Anniversary Party

With the choice of two different rides today, I decided to take part in the Bikers for Christ 20th Anniversary Party at Irvine Lake.  The day started off with breakfast, followed by a ride through Ortega Highway to Hell's Kitchen.

After a short visit of Hell's Kitchen (Seriously short! I didn't even get to finish my $2.50 soda!), we headed back to Irvine Lake.  On the way back, my friend Roger and I stopped at Cook's Corner for a bathroom break.  We checked out the usual vendor outside and the bulletin board on the outside wall.  I took a few pictures of bikes and we headed back to the lake for the barbeque.

The barbeque consisted of a couple different chicken selections, salad, hot links, hors d'oeuvres, salmon, and much more - all for a mere $15 entry fee that included the previously mentioned ride.

Live music was provided and they sounded great.  The bands had good energy.  They mixed some christian messages here and there in between songs.

The weather started off nice and cool - perhaps a bit too cold this morning with some low clouds.  It didn't take long for Southern California to return it its sunny self.  By the afternoon, it was nearly too hot.  Most people stayed in the shade.

This was my first trip to Irvine Lake.  It was a nice fishing lake (I don't believe swimming, water skiing, or Sea Doo type vehicles were allowed).  There were many people there fishing, with few managing to reel in something living. Besides fishermen and women seated around the lake, there were also some big birds, such as egrets.

After a long day there, we decided to head out around 3 o'clock or so. We decided to return the same way we came, taking advantage (if you would call it that) of the toll road to save some time.  We hit the 91 and it sucked as usual.  It's freaking Saturday, people!  GTFO my freeway!

Here's some pics to go along with this chapter of Weakened Warrior's adventures.




































































Here's the sign outside of the Hell's Kitchen establishment.  I don't typically get into political debates, but I did find this amusing.
















I hope you enjoyed the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment