Saturday, July 10, 2010

Big Bear Solo Ride

Well, I didn't feel like riding out to Corona and participating in the Apprenticeship Summer Poker Run.  That ride would take me to Cook's corner again.  It wouldn't have been a bad ride, but Big Bear's in my backyard.

I left before 8:30 am and, oddly enough, ran into a bit of sprinkling along the way.  I know, crazy, huh?  It's summer already!

I took a nice little ride around the lake and stopped here and there for photo opportunities. I found a nice little cafe that was still serving breakfast after 11. I felt like biscuits and gravy, so I stopped.

There were a lot of motorcyclists out there today.  It was definitely the right weather for it.

After eating and completing my trip around the lake, I made my way to Arrowhead.  I wanted to check out the Summer Concert Series calendar.  I haven't seen anything posted online about it this year, and my family and I like to check out a band or two each year.  Last year we caught Dead Man's Party, an Oingo Boingo tribute band and they were great.  Went there for Octoberfest as well and caught a decent little concert.

Anyway, Dead Man's Party isn't playing up there this year - a real shame. There were a couple of others that I'd be interested in, but can't remember who at this time.

Well, here's a few pictures taken today while traveling the winding mountain roads.

I hope you enjoy.


-Ed















No comments:

Post a Comment